Website Privacy Statement - Bon Secours Mercy Health Inc.
This statement addresses your right to know how we use your information, how to amend or delete your information, how to opt-out of the sale of your information and assurance that we will not discriminate against you as a result of your requests under this policy.
Please read this statement carefully. It may change from time to time without notice, so please check back regularly.In addition to the uses described herein, we may use your data for marketing and advertising purposes.Further, from time to time, we may use your information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed.If our privacy practices change, we will update this privacy statement in the future.
Information You Actively Submit on our Site: If you create an account, fill out a form, send an email to our team, or otherwise send us information through the Site, we collect personal information about you. The Site has webpages that allow you to submit a variety of personal information to us, including contact information such as your name, email address and physical address, social media information such as your social media account name, login information such as a user name and password, and other information such as survey responses, photo uploads, and forum posts. In each instance, you will know what personal information we collect because you will actively submit it.
Information Automatically, Passively Submitted on our Site: When you visit the Site, your browser and computer automatically provide to us certain technical information about your computer or device and how you arrived at the Site, including the URL that referred you, your browser type and version, your device type, your internet protocol (IP) address, your location, the pages you visit as you navigate through the Site (clickstream data), how long you stay on those pages, and the hyperlinks you click on. This information is collected using various technologies including server logs, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Location:Our website asks for your location so that we can customize the website content and experience to your where you are. By providing your location, we hope to ensure that you have easy access to the information most relevant to you. We do not continuously track your location and no personally identifiable information is collected.
Fixing Mistakes; Deleting Information:Upon request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected or removed in contact information that they have supplied to us through this Website. Consumers can have this information corrected or removed by writing to us at the above address or by using our online contact form.
Hyperlinks:Links from the BSMH website are provided as a courtesy to aid you in gathering the information that interests you. BSMH is not responsible for the reliability or accuracy of information obtained from other sites.
General Uses:We will use your information to respond appropriately to your inquiries and requests; to discharge our contractual obligations to you; to comply with any legal obligations that apply to us; and to secure and optimize and customize your experience on the website.We will not discriminate against you in any way because of your request to delete or amend your information or to opt-out of sharing your information for all or a particular purpose.
Some examples of our information gathering purposes are described below and other uses may occur in the future that will be described in updated versions of this policy.
- Health Risk Assessment Surveys and Calculators:To use certain online service offerings, such as a health risk assessment survey or a health calculator, you would be required to enter information about your health. This information is stored separately and will not be used to personally identify you.
- Financial & Investor Information:To use the update notification registry feature in the Financial & Investor Information section of our website, you will need to provide your email address and additional contact information. The information you give us will not be shared with any third parties and will be used solely so that we may notify you by email when quarterly updates are made to information in this section of our website.
- Applying for Jobs:Our website also allows you to submit an online resume in response to job openings at specific BSMH organizations that are posted on this website. By using this feature to submit your resume, you are automatically consenting to the reproduction, distribution, sharing and transmittal of your resume to the extent necessary to facilitate the normal hiring practices of the BSMH organization to which you have applied. We may share this information with any search firms we retain to help us fill positions.
- Online Bill Payment:Our website includes links that allow you to pay online for services received at specific facilities within our regions. Payment information submitted via these online bill payment features does not come directly to Our website. If you use our regions’ online bill payment features, please read their privacy/security statements carefully.
- Online Chats and Public Areas:Registration for online chats is separate from our main site registration and is temporary. This information is not retained. This site makes available moderated chats, message boards and mailing lists (collectively “Public Areas”). Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We require all users to identify themselves and register with a Public Area prior to participation in any chat, message board or mailing list. You can select your own “screen name” but site administrators can identify the individual associated with each “screen name.” This is for the purposes of administering these Public Areas.
- Contests:We may run contests on the website in which we ask you for contact information (such as their email address, demographic information, ZIP code, age).You can choose to receive follow-up contacts from these surveys. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
Guidelines for Children:The BSMH website currently does not offer any content directed at children under the age of 13. We do not collect any information from users whom we know are under the age of 13.
Opt-Out: Phone, Email, SMS Text messages and Other Services:Bon Secours respects your right to privacy. You can remove yourself from any lists you have registered for by using the opt-out process outlined in each kind of communication (e.g., email, SMS).
To join the Bon Secours Mobile Messaging Program, text JOIN to 91354. Limit 4 messages per month. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel. Message and data rates may apply.For additional help, text HELP to 91354 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.To no longer receive SMS messages from Bon Secours, text STOP to 91354.
Supported carriers are: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Boost, Cricket, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, ACS Wireless, Appalachian Wireless, Bluegrass Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, Cellcom, C-Spire Wireless (formerly Cellsouth), Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cross (dba Sprocket), Duet IP, Element Mobile, EpicTouch, GCI Communications, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri Cellular), Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix (Keystone Wireless / PC Management), Inland Cellular, iWireless, Mobi PCS (Coral Wireless LLC), Mosaic, MTPCS / Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Panhandle Telecommunications, Peoples Wireless, Pioneer, Plateau, Revol Wireless, Rina – Custer, Rina – All West, Rina – Cambridge Telecom Coop, Rina – Eagle Valley Comm, Rina – Farmers Mutual Telephone Co, Rina – Nucla Nutria Telephone Co, Rina – Silver Star, Rina – South Central Comm, Rina – Syringa, Rina – UBET, Rina – Manti, South Canaan / CellularOne of NEPA, Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United, Viaero Wireless, West Central Wireless, Leaco, Nemont/Sagebrush. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Information Others Automatically Collect:Aggregate data about your computer, browser and internet activities may be collected by third parties including marketing analytics providers, advertising networks, data exchanges, traffic measurement service providers and other third-party service providers.
To opt-out of these third-party tracking services, you can delete and disable browser cookies and visit the following opt-out pages:
Please note that these opt-outs are browser-specific, meaning they only take effect in the browser they are applied to. Please also note that there are some Flash Cookies that cannot normally be disabled in browser settings.
Security: We maintain industry standard or better security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
Copyright Notice; Non-Use of our Images/Name:All images, tests, lists, code and pages are copyrighted by BSMH and respective photographers, artists, agencies and image companies with all rights reserved. Use or duplication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited unless written permission from the copyright holder is obtained. You may publish links to our public pages but you may not “capture” a page or pages from this site in a frame without prior written permission.You may not link to or capture text or graphic elements within this site for display or use on another Web site without prior written permission.Use of the Bon Secours logo is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of BSMH.
Contact Us:If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at:Bon Secours Mercy Health, Inc., c/o Marketing and Communications Department, 1701 Mercy Health Place, Cincinnati, OH 45237